dinsdag 22 januari 2013

trumpets

Last weekend we sounded the "trumpets"
for our birthday boy :
9 years old !

Blowing the candles 
(and making a wish ... ?)

*
And there were other "trumpets" that I found here.
When I'm honest I must confess 
that I'm not thát keen on tea cosies myself ...
Though I must really laugh when I see all those fun designs 
Loani Prior comes up with :
she really is the Queen of tea cosies !!!


But these little trumpet flowers came with a free pattern 
I simply hád to try


A little leftover Noro Kureyon Sock did the trick
Mmmmmmmmm ...
lovely little trumpets !

*
In the garden we have lots of food for the birds,
they badly need it, in this snowy cold wintertime !
Sparrows, finches, all kinds of tits and the occasional robin,
blackbirds, starlings and turtledoves ...



While the water is frozen
the moorhens often seek a safe place high up on the pergola

... because there are cats wandering around on the ice !!!


(Aaaaah just too bad : all that snow makes the ice
unsuitable for skating ...)



6 opmerkingen:

  1. happy birthday to the 9 year old. time goes by so quickly. and i love those trumpet flowers. i printed the pattern to try sometime. they would make great gift tags with some beads dangling.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Happy Birthday to the 9 year old. My G-son's birthday was on Sunday and he is 2 year old. Oh, those trumpet flowers are so cute. Loani is so generous to share her pattern. I love her tea cosies and knitted 3 from her books. I hope Loani will be at my house for a tea party this year. I'm getting excited!!!
    Hugs
    Nat

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Nat sent me over here to see your beautiful trumpet flowers. They are gorgeous. Thank you.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Glückwünsche für das Enkelkind- und die kleinen Blüten sind bezaubernd!
    Liebe Grüße
    Gabi

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. a very happy....(late!) birthday to your boy from England!! I hope he had a wonderful day x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. These trumpets have possibilities for you Els. Good bird photos. I can just picture those Wiley cats skulking about on the frozen canal. Too bad about no skating! We have rain here again today - love, sus

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen